Monday, March 21, 2011

Chapter Two- The Second Search

 Lee
        
          That familiar chill came over me when we 'landed' at our destination. Earth. I smiled at the crowded streets and the hum of everyone talking at once, as soon as we walked out of an alleyway and hit the streets. I loved this dimension.
           Now, when I say dimension, I don't mean we go to different galaxies or anything like that. Do they even exist? But, no, we just stay on earth. Just, in different time periods of course. We were in the year 2000, and even though we knew Alexis wasn't here, we still needed Adrian. And what better place to look than Central Park?
      Al strode out in front of me, almost acting like a boss. But still, he wasn't as arrogant as Sandra. Just outside the park, I easily spotted Adrian, and obviously Al did too, both of us were jogging towards him.
        When we reached Adrian, he automatically looked up from whatever he was doing. I looked at his lap, and saw a Harry Potter book in his lap.  "Face-palm..." I muttered, which Al and Adrian didn't hear. Adrian did looked up indignantly, he had the same color of hair as me, except longer and thicker, and he peered out of glasses. "Adrian, we need your help now too. Too look for Alexis, we think she's in the 1930's. You know, with depression and war and whatnot." Al said, and Adrian muttered something about Alexis we didn't catch, but stood up, putting his book in a pocket that was definitely smaller than the book.
      "Gonna tell us how it ends... again?" Lee said, and Al snorted in laughter.  "Want me to rewire your brain? I'll have you thinking you're a goose in no time at all." said Adrian, who looked serious but his eyes were sparkling. We all vanished in a flash, making sure we melted into the shadows so no one payed attention to us. We came back to the Dark Room, where we have to go in between time hops. Al sighed, shaking his head as he glanced at Sandra.
      "Alexandra's gone out. Don't ask me where, though, I can't answer that." she said, scowling. All three of us guys nodded, disappearing again. Going through time, I felt like there was a thorn in my side. Oh no! I thought, automatically knowing what it meant. I gasped out in pain, lashing out, where dark webs shoot out my finger tips at the dark shapes coming towards us. I knew by the fact that I felt and saw almost nothing we were caught in the space in which we were time-traveling. I tried to remember what they were, but I couldn't, but Adrian and Al were trying to attack it, so I did as well. The shape had no form, just like the Dark Room, but it was made out of an imbalance of Dark to Light Magic, trapped between Time. Oh yeah. Strays. That was their name.
       We shot more things at the strays, and I could see Al throwing what looked like knives and only flashes of light from Adrian.......
  
      Adrian

        I could tell it was night, but it was a blur so I fumbled for my glasses, which, thankfully, weren't crushed. I looked around to see we reached the time destination that was intended, on some sort of hill, and Al was crouched over something next to me. I sat up, and dark purple bruises were etched over  me, and what looked like black ooze was seeping off my chest, instead of blood, but it always creeped me out whenever we were in the actual world. In the Dark Room, all our wounds had been healed, and were were just like human. But when any of us go back... the real world takes it's reality cane and smacks us on the head with it. The fact that we weren't human.
          "That's so insanitary... " I said, trying to wipe off the sorcerer blood. It stung, but it seemed to transfer to my hands, which smeared onto the grass as I used my hands to stand up, walking over to Al, who's hands were hovering on top of Lee's body, which was also silently floating. A light that kept changing colors was coming from Al's palms. He was trying to heal lee, who looked black and oozy all over.
         "That was one hell of a fight." Al said, and Adrian could tell by the look on his face that he was trying to hold back the excitement of it for Lee's sake. Who seemed to come back to life seconds later, with a big intake of  air, and he seemed to look smaller. Lee was younger than some of us, even though we were the 'same person' we were different ages, relected from our personality. Lee looked about 15 or 16, while I looked about 18, and Al, who seemed the oldest, was around 21.
            "Welcome to Heaven." Al said, and Lee looked at him questioningly, floated back onto the grass in the sitting position of criss-cross applesauce, and pulled out an iPod out of his pockets, shifting through the songs.
             "It seems nice. I got all the Rent songs on here, so it is all in check." he said, and then he waved his hands over his body, and it looked like water rushed over him, the blood washed away.
             "It's a good thing no one's here to see this." I told them sternly, and crossed my arms over my bare chest. "We mustn't get carried away like that again."  I added, and both Lee and Al rolled their eyes. "So where are we.... World War 2 time, somewhere in America, I don't remember exactly..." Al said, looking around to see the dim lights of a nearby town in the distance.
        "This is Alexis' kind of place." he said, grinning. "Let's get to it, men!" Al shouted, and they were already running.

No comments:

Post a Comment