Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chapter Seven- The Seventh Thing That Became Apparent

    Kari


    Leaving Alex's body slumped up against a tree, I went to a nearby pond to wash off all the black blood that a run down my arms and shoulders. I glanced back at Alex, rolling my eyes at him.
    I'm going to have a chat with him about how useful he is. Not at all. I thought grumpily. I rubbed water down my arms moodily, knowing I could use magic, but my powers were almost depleted. I looked at my reflection, and my eyes widened.
     The reflection was not my own, but someone else's. Shorter, darker hair covered my reflection's head, and the green-blue eyes that stared back at me were all too familiar. They looked exactly like Alex's.

   Al


  The orb of energy from the Stray invaded my mind, and whatever sense of sight I had shut off. I felt darkness enter me, and then my mind was filled with images. A castle. Being surrounded by guards and other strays. A king sitting upon his throne. More images filed through my brain, and I lost track of time. Minutes... hours....Yeah, you get the point.
   King Waru is looking for me.. looking for Alex... but how come I didn't know this? I thought it became unveiled. Then the realization hit me.
     It must be hidden somewhere, maybe wherever Alexis could be! I thought, and woke up, the darkness shedding off me.
     Lee was looking at me, confused. "So... passing out for about a second... not fatal?" was the first thing he said. "No, your Leeness, I'm still here." I said, getting up and brushing off.
     "So, obviously you saw what I saw." I said. Lee shugged. "Yeah, and I bet the others did too." He said. "But it was sped up for some reason... I only got the gist of it." He added, just as Adrian came up, his arms crossed.
       "It must be because when your unconscious, time can travel a lot slower or faster in your mind. Ah Duh." He said, rolling his eyes. I sighed.
       "Well, all the more reason to find Alexis. And we know the location of this Kingdom...."

   Kari
   
     Suddenly, arms locked around my waist and I was pulled backward from the image, almost like snapping out of a daze.
     "Calm down." Alex said, his arms still wrapped around me. I realized I was trembling from the recent vision, but that soon ceased. Thoughts flared in my mind to shoot a few curses at him like last time, but if I learned one thing, there was no arguing with him.
     "Okay." I huffed. "Good." he said, "Now, tell me what happened." he said gently, resting his chin on the top of my head. I sighed.
     "Strays followed me when I was trying to get back, so I had to fight them off and got us here." I said evenly. "Thank you, that's all I needed to know." he said, letting me go. I automatically turned around, my mood going from calm to burning hot.
        "Don't DO that!" I yelled at him, not caring that the noise echoed through the forest. "What is wrong with you? You think life is boring! Well DEAL with it! I swear,-" Alex tried to cut me off, with a serious expression, his eyes darting around. "Kari, I think-" But I was on a roll. "you are just a useless waste of space! I've lost my cover because of you, my life-" "Kari would you listen for just a second-" "everything! Just because you have to be guarded because of that stupid spell. That's it-" "Listen, we have to-" "I don't think I can do this anymore-" This time I was really cut off, and it took a second to realize why. Alex was kissing me.
     Time seemed to over-exaggerate, stretching it out for eternity. Before I could even move, he broke off, grabbing my hand and pulling me behind a tree. I just stared at him, speechless.
      "Finally. The only way I could get you to stop. If you'd listen to me, you would've known you attracted Strays, headed right in our direction." he said softly. I still couldn't speak, but he flicked his hand in the air a few times, and I know it was a barrier hide us from the strays. I stayed silent the whole time, thinking over things. When about an hour passed, finally Alex seemed to take off the barrier.
           I looked at my hand, realizing it was still holding his. Somehow that was when it hit me, and the anger that I felt dissolved into sadness, and all of it crashed down on me.
       I won't see any of my family or friends again... I'll be wanted for execution.....  I felt alone, but after a while I realized I was sobbing in Alex's arms.
  
        Alex


    I looked down at Kari, who had fallen asleep, still hugging me. Safe. I thought. I won't let any harm come to you. I added in my head.
       We have to get out of this forest, even if the Strays didn't see us, they viewed Kari as an enemy, and are smart enough to look here when Kari used to tell them not too.
       The spell must be wearing off even more, whatever hard shell it formed around her mind, in reality it made her even more vulnerable emotionally. 
       I glanced at her again and then sighed. I feel horrible, for taking that spell off her if this was going to happen. She'd still would have had things to go back to, if I had just wiped her memory of finding me. I thought. But it's so hard to let go.... 
       She looks peaceful for once. I don't want to wake her up. I thought.. Sorcerers don't usually sleep or eat, for they could just maintain the energy flow if they were able. But driving away three strays had taken it's toll on Kari. I rubbed her shoulder. "Kari, we have to get out of the forest, wake up." I said gently. She opened her eyes.
      "What?" She said, confused. I got up, helping her up. "What happened?" She asked, looking dazed. "The Strays found us, we have to get out of the forest." I told her. Kari blinked in realization, and then color flooded her cheeks.
      "Well, we need to get moving, then." she said, and tugged at my hand, practically dragging me through the forest. I smiled at her in amusement.
      "Speak about it, and I will kill you." She growled, and we got further away from her home...

No comments:

Post a Comment